(click the picture to go to their website)
JOIN “MODELS OF PRIDE” FOR THE 20TH ANNUAL CONFERENCE
Meet with other like-minded professionals on creating safe and affirming communities for LGBTQ youth.
SATURDAY, OCTOBER 13, 2012 AT THE UNIVERSITY OF SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA, Ronald Tutor Center, Room 232
8:30 A.M. TO 5:00 P.M. $25 REGISTRATION FEE includes materials and a light lunch
This workshop is for adults who work with LGBTQ youth. Participants will gain insight into the legal, social, cultural, and therapeutic issues that affect this population.
Special Welcome by Dr. Earl Perkins, Assistant Superintendent, LAUSD
Featuring experts in the fields of:
- Risk and Protective Factors for LGBTQ youth: Negin Ghavami, UCLA
- LGBTQ Inclusive Curriculum: Julie Plaisance
- Student Rights Project by ACLU: James Gilliam
- Homophobia, Transphobia, Biphobia & Heterosexism: GLIDE
- Bullying to hate crime: Examining the Continuum: Detective Martin Pineda, LAPD Hate Crimes; Stephen Jimenez, Educational Equity, LAUSD & Sara Train, SPIN
- Working with parents of gender variant youth: Kim Pearson, TransYouth Family Allies
- TEEN LINE, Dr. Elaine Leader
We will present theory, research, and practical activities that will benefit those who work with LGBTQ youth. Come with your questions, ideas, and best practices!
For more information, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org 213-505-4744
Check out their great Facebook Page! https://www.facebook.com/modelsofpride